Welcome to Sea Vixen. Royal Navy Carrier
Fighter Jet.1959 to 1972.
This site is dedicated to Our Lost Sea Vixen Aircrew and to document the history of the Sea Vixen thus ensuring that this sad and tragic story be a reminder to future generations of the sacrifices made on their behalf for their freedom and liberty. Many of these pages are for public viewing. Please feel free to enter and view them. All content seen here has been sourced by seavixen member personal testimonies.
The General Public should address a long since neglected fact that that few people have heard of the Sea Vixen that was a front line Carrier Borne Fighter Aircraft with the Royal Navy from 1959/1972. It was a mean looking, noisy machine that filled onlookers with awe. There were 55 Accidents involving loss of Airframe. Out of these 55 accidents 30 were fatal. In 21 of the fatal accidents both operating Aircrew were lost. The loss of 51 Royal Navy Aircrew lives in peace time was enormous.
- 145 Sea Vixens were built. The loss rate was 37.93%. The fatality rate within those losses was 54.54%.
- The Media today report all names and accidents involving military personnel in prime time viewing.
- In the 1960's, silence prevailed, media reporting was avoided at all cost and the General Public therefore did not know or therefore to have reason to care. Young brave men were lost in the prime of their life in defence of freedom and liberty for others. This site will make the record clear to all readers.
- There is a statement to make to the world on behalf of the Lost Airmen's Dependants who were left behind. Young families lost their fathers. Families lost their son or brother.
- The General Public must be aware of these tragedies, and here, We Remember the Names of our Lost Airmen in the Roll of Honour.
- By registering, when prompted on locked pages, you agree not to divulge any information to any media source or misuse any information for personal gain. Guidelines are as read and understood in the Mission Statement of this Website.
The Webmaster is an ex RN Sea Vixen Pilot and also an ex RN Phantom F4K Pilot.