Yours Truly. Note the No 5 Officers Dress Shoes.
Commander. (F). D.M.A.H. "Shorty" Hamilton. R.N.
- BRNC Dartmouth 1940/1943
- Royal Navy WW2 Sea Time Service
- No 6 Royal Naval Flying Course 1947. The (F) designation indicates that the person is qualified as both a pilot and an observer.
- FAA Service 1947/1959.
- Senior Pilot. 891 and 894 Sqn. Sea Venoms.
- Served in the First Mk 1 Sea Vixen Flight Trials Unit 700Y Sqn 13/10/1959
No 1 All Weather Fighter (AWF) Course. Lt. Cdr. David "Shorty" Hamilton front row (right).
- Took 892 Sqn to sea as CO to HMS Ark Royal. 3/3/1960
- Took 892 Sqn to sea as CO to HMS Victorious. 21/1/1961 to 15/5/1961. Handed over Command at RAF Tengah, Singapore.
- CO 899 Sqn, RNAS Yeovilton 10/3/1962 to 12/8/1963
- Promoted Commander RN.
- 1963/1966 . RN Tactical School Woolwich. Aviation Representative of Directing Staff.
- 1966/1968. XO HMAS Nirimba, Schofields NSW. Apprentice Training School.
- Resigned RN 1968
- Emigrated to Australia 1969.
|Sea Vixen Flying Summary|| |
||Hours 176:45 Day
||112 Day, 48 Night.
||Hours 175.20 Day
|Totals Sea Vixen
||159 Day 48 Night
|Grand Total: 417:25