890 Squadron on Commissioning Day
Battle Honour Salerno 1943
- The Second Sea Vixen Squadron
- Formed 1st February 1960
- HMS Hermes November 1960 to 1961
- HMS Ark Royal November 1961 to December 1963
- HMS Ark Royal November 1964 to June 1966
- Equipped with Sea Vixen Mk 1's 1960 to 1966
- Equipped with Sea Vixen Mk 2's 1967 to 1971
- Formed the Headquarters Squadron at RNAS Yeovilton in 1966 with four aircraft
- Disbanded 1971
More Photographs with aircrew names within 890 Sqn Image Gallery.
Archive: Flt Lt David Foster RAF. Original Squadron Member.
The following Video clips are from 1960 and 1961, the first year of 890 Sqn, showing Flying and MADDLs at RNAS Yeovilton, Deck Ops on HMS Hermes including deck trials (believed to br 700Y Sqn Side Number 453), and the Mass Fly Past at the Farnborough Air Display 6/10th September 1961.
Chapter Number links describe the story time line (under construction 18th April 2011)
890 Sqn Streaming Video. Chapter 1
890 Sqn Streaming Video. Chapter 2
890 Sqn Streaming Video. Chapter 3
890 Sqn Streaming Video. Chapter 4
Archive: Flt Lt David Foster RAF